Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

baby shower #1



last weekend I had my family shower. 
SADLY the second i got there my camera died =(

so i had to steal  borrow sadie's phone and only got a couple pics of me and my sisters.

krissie, kirsti, big prego lady, amber




molly, big prego lady, court, sadie



courtney did such a great job with the shower i'm sad i didn't get any pics of her cute decorations and yummy food! and the other guests!


later that day brock and i went shopping for the remainder of the things we need for this little babe.
buying things for a newborn can be so overwhelming! who would have thought!

im excited about the things we got though and the deals we got! 
we used kid to kid for a couple things and ksl and target of course! 
the rest (except diapers and a few other odds and ends that i still have to get) i ordered online so we will be getting packages in the mail for the next few days!
love that! its always fun coming home to a box sitting on the front porch. even though i know what it is, its like christmas!

brock emailed me the other day and was so cute. he said 
"i just ordered a few things for the baby that were not necessity but im excited about them!"
ha i cant wait to see what they are!

i will be 37 weeks on friday and have what seems to be a  never ending list of things to do.
most of them are things we should have done by the 37th week so the rest of this week is going to be busy!
we need to get the car seat in and take it in to have it checked for proper installation.
we need to get our birth bags packed
i need to finalize my birth plan for my midwives and my doula
still need to find a pediatrician!
thank you cards
and that is all while doing normal life things like achievement days today, doula appt and midewife appt tomorrow and the fair on friday! it will be a miracle if i get it all done!

and thats just this week. i have a whole other list of stuff to get done the week before the baby comes while i am off work (9 days and counting till my last day!)

that week will be fun stuff though. making last minute things like swaddling blankets, diaper bag, wipes, curtains for the nursery, get my oil  blends done that i plan on using for the birth, and i want to take a day to deep clean the house and make some freezer meals for our little fam for the first week or two. 
nesting much? 

oh and i have a gift card for a mani/pedi brock gave me for mothers day that i have been saving for that week and a gift card that my SIL gave me for my bday for a prenatal massage that i have been saving too!
pamper day!
 gotta get those scheduled!


then there are the things that i hope to get to but time is just not on my side, like watching happiest baby on the block again, reading Ina May's guide to childbirth, making a calming playlist for the birth/delivery,  
da da da. 

lots of stuff! 
its getting closer and closer and doesn't seem any more real!

I got all the baby clothes/towels/washcloths/blankets washed and they are all sitting out ready to be put away. even those tiny little things hanging around still doesn't make it seem real and i am still unable to comprehend what is about to happen lol. 
a baby!




2 comments:

  1. SO EXCITING!!!!! I am so excited for you to become a mommy! You will be so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so close- i cant believe it! I just love that belly of yours and cant wait to meet baby Norton :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...