Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Friday, August 23, 2013

baby update and maternity pics!



I think I mentioned on here that I chose a photographer and her prices were so great that we did a package deal that included maternity, the birth and the newborns.
I was hesitant about getting the maternity ones done, just cause who wants to look at pics of themselves when they feel so large?
But I decided to do it because I knew I'd love to look back at them even though right now I feel large! Plus her prices were just so good that it was basically free for the maternity shoot!
Anyways here is a little pregnancy update with some of the pics scattered throughout.
She did such an AWESOME job that it was hard for me to even narrow it down! This coming from the big prego lady that doesn't like to look at pics of herself right now!
That's how good she is!



These were taken at 31 weeks




Today I am 34 weeks.
I am feeling great, for the most part.
The biggest pain is still my back, but if I take it easy, its manageable. I've discovered that my birth ball
 (yoga ball) helps a TON. It relieves a lot of the pressure on my back. I love it!
Sadie got married on Wednesday and I was on my feet all day. By the end of the day I could barely move. Bed time came and I didn't think I would sleep a wink. I didn't get the best of sleep but before I went to bed I did some stretches on my birth ball and it loosened up my back tremendously!








There were a few things that I wanted to avoid with this pregnancy, mostly all unavoidable.

Swelling.....
I want to be able to wear my wedding rings for as long as possible and they are luckily still on! My only swelling has been in my feet and ankles.
I hope it stays that way! But in this heat with 6 weeks to go, I'm not counting on it.






Stretch Marks........
In the beginning of my pregnancy I wasn't worried about weather or not I got them. But now that I have made it this far without stretch marks on my belly I REALLY just don't want them!
Same with that dark line that runs down the middle of your belly. I'm sure it will come, but I'm loving my smooth, freckled, stretch mark free round belly while I have it!
I have however acquired some lovely love handles with this pregnancy and they have sprouted a few stretch marks.
Can't win em all I guess




Belly Button......
my belly button hasn't popped yet and I am certainly ok with that!
I'm hoping it doesn't lol. 
Again, I'm not counting on it, especially since I am in the last stretch of this pregnancy and our baby could be gaining up to a half a pound a week! 
It's definitely getting close though! 







Emotions........
In my opinion (if you ask my sisters they would disagree), but based on the way I have felt, I feel like my emotions have been pretty well in tact. I don't feel like I had any real melt downs in my pregnancy when they tell you your hormones will do crazy things to you.....
But then at about 30 weeks, that's when the emotions came. Out of no where.
There still haven't been too many break downs, but there have definitely been a few!







 As far as the nursery goes......
We  I haven't done too much accept let a bunch of junk accumulate there!
This weekend I am going to work on clearing it all out so that we can get it painted and organized.
I ordered crib sheets which should be on our door step when we get home and got the fabric in the mail for pillows I am going to make. 
I got a rocker off KSL that we need to paint and then it's the fun decorating stuff!
Making curtains and hanging stuff on the walls!







 I can't believe that we are in the home stretch. 
Really, it's not real yet! I wonder if it will ever feel real!
I'll probably have a baby sitting in my lap and still feel like its not real.
Other people have kids. That's real. But having our own, is just so hard to comprehend!
A little growing thriving person with it's own little personality will soon be in our lives forever.
Crazy!






I still have 6 weeks to go (maybe more!) but I am already recognizing the feelings I am going to have when I am not pregnant anymore. I love being pregnant and although I am looking forward to the next phase and what all this work is for, I am going to miss being pregnant. I feel like its a part of me now! It's an awesome feeling and I love being the one that gets to feel the baby move and wiggle inside me. 
Stretch marks, swelling and belly button popping aside! 






The only thing I am NOT going to miss is people feeling they have the right to comment on my size!
You are crazy for thinking it's ok to tell a crazy hormonal pregnant lady: "WOW! You are big" after I tell them when I am due.
Or "You look ready!" when I still have a month and a half to go!
Or my favorite: "Are you having twins?!"
Or the lady at Michaels who decided to chat me up about my pregnancy and after telling me how big I am proceeded to tell me about 2 women that she knew that you couldn't tell they were pregnant until about two weeks before they were due! Awesome story lady. NOT!







I am so excited to see Brock as a dad. Honestly I think it is going to be one of the best dads around. He already is! And he is so good at easing my natural nervous emotions about becoming parents. 
He always has the right things to say and his calming attitude is so helpful.
He has been so supportive with our choice to use hypnobabies, and has become a HUGE part of how our labor and delivery will go. With our choice to have a natural birth, It's really comforting to me, knowing that although I am the only one that can get this baby out of me, he is going to be right there by my side supporting me through every second of it.
I am really excited to see him take that role when the time comes. He has already been so amazing. 






The time is getting closer and closer. I compare the time we have left to things like next time we have to get our oil changed, we will have a baby! And that makes it sound sooooo soon! 
I only have 20 days of work left! Well I guess I should say 20 days left at my job, since the real work is going to begin when I get to start taking care of a baby!
I am so blessed and grateful that I can stay at home with our babies.






Check out our photographers site if you are interested. She dose awesome work!

















5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you and Brock to be parents!! I am so excited for you Ash! I would love to see you soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously LOVE all of these pics! So crazy that you are almost there- good luck Ash (and Brock)! I can wait to hear/read all about it and see the little guy/gal :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! You really do! I also hate how every one has to comment on the way you look or carry and everything while you are pregnant. I can't believe you are 34 weeks already, Cassidy was born at 34 weeks and 6 days, so watch out you never know! Hopefully I'm not annoying with all my comments but I have a few for the different things you mentioned. first stretch marks, so lucky hope you don't get any. for a long time I didn't think I had any but I never could see under my tummy, one day I finally noticed them and asked Aaron if he knew I had them, he said yes he noticed them a while ago but didn't want to tell me in case it made me feel bad :) I got even worse stretch marks with Dash, but since we went through some hard times getting him here now I look at them and it makes me smile and feel so grateful that I was able to get pregnant with him its a good and emotional feeling, I am so blessed to have my 2 little babies! Oh watch out for boob stretch marks, never knew those existed when your milk comes in they could pop up, I heard stretch marks are hereditary, maybe you are lucky and don't have that gene. My belly button never popped it just looked flat. Emotions were hit and miss for me, I've always been a cry baby so I never knew if it was the pregnancy or just me but it was after the baby came when my hormones went crazy especially with Dash for some reason. Sorry you probably don't want to hear all this and its late so I tend to blab. I'm really excited to see your baby, you guys will be great parents! Sometimes I still look at my kids and can't believe its real, especially when they are first born so you might still have those feelings too, but then some how all of a sudden you can't remember what life was like with out them they just fit so perfectly in your life it's hard to imagine them not a part of it. Sharon has been trying to plan a shower for you, but she has never gotten back to me hopefully you two have talked because it looks like we better do it soon! I also know of some people who do it after the baby is born when they don't find out the sex of the baby that way they can get some boy or girl stuff, but even before hand there is plenty of baby stuff to give, and it could be hard after the baby is born, you might not want to leave the baby or bring it with you etc but anyway we would love to throw a shower for you if your interested so let us know! Exciting! I can't wait to hear your birth story too, good luck hope all goes as planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wrote a huge long comment and I think it got erased oh well you probably didn't want to hear me blab any way. We will just have to talk sometime. Basically you look amazing! Love the pictures and I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pictures they are beautiful. I just love people an their comments its great. Especially women its like come on you've had kids you should know better. Its because were short that baby has no where to go. I am so glad you get to stay home I am very jealous I would love to stay home. Can't wait to see your beautiful baby and the nursery.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...