Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Friday, June 28, 2013

baby bump: 26 weeks and updates





my belly is growin by the day.
it's weird cause I don't feel like its too much bigger, but I went and put on a shirt that I have been wearing regularly and it was too short for the bump. so it's definitely getting bigger I guess I'm not noticing as much cause i see it everyday!



26 weeks

I bought my first couple of maternity shirts this week!
H&M was my best friend the other day. They had a couple cute maternity shirts and some normal tee's that are stretchy and still fit over the bump for 6 bucks and I am IN LOVE with them cause they stretch, they are thin which is a must in this heat and I don't have to wear an undershirt under them, another must for this heat. the less layers the better!

I have been buying normal clothes (shirts and maxis) just in a larger size up until now, but I don't think I am going to be able to get away with that for more than a few weeks more at least for the shirts. My belly is just growin too quickly! But that's ok cause it just means my baby is growin healthy and strong!!
The baby has been moving more and more and I LOVE IT!
I wish it would move all day long!
It is one of THE most comforting feelings to feel that little thing in there kicking away.
I'm really going to miss being pregnant once this babe comes!


BTW for those of you who don't know, we aren't finding out the sex of the baby hence why we call it "it" or "the baby" because it is nameless not because its just an "it" to us =)


We have made great progress in the shopping and decision making process.
We bought our carseat and stroller.





 as far as i can tell, I think I am going to love them!












Brock was so cute and set up the car seat in the car right away. 
He wanted to figure out what side would be best and we got a mirror that he wanted to try out.
I on the other hand, was not as excited. Only because it ALLLL got real when we got the car seat!
Don't ask me why!
Brock said "it didn't become real to you with a growing belly, or a crib or any of that?!"
and for some reason, no! It didn't!
It was the car seat!
I am more excited now,
 I just went through a couple days of freak out that we are going to have  a tiny little human in that car seat!
It still doesn't seem real but i'm less freaked! =)

I picked a photographer and decided that I am just going to do it all,
the birth story, the maternity shoot and the newborn shoot.
I was hesitant about the birth story and had no interest in doing a maternity shoot, but her prices are realllly great so I couldn't pass them up. We will see how it goes!
Here is her site if anyone is interested:
HarlowMoon Photography



I think that about sums up the last couple weeks of baby-ness
I had an appt with my midwife yesterday and everything is looking good!
I am a week behind what I thought I was, 26 weeks and not 27
The gestational diabetes test came back clean and clear
My next appointment will be my last every 4 weeks and then I will start going in every 2! 
Can't wait!

And just for fun more pics, and my new trick =)

this belly serves as more than just a safe home for my growing babe:










getting more and more excited for this little one to be here!!

1 comment:

  1. Your belly is so cute. I love maxi skirts aren't they great? I got some great things at h&m as well. I got some cute pants I was going to make into capris but I don't think I will get them done.

    ReplyDelete