Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Monday, June 25, 2012

trials


yesterday in relief society our lesson was on trials and how to cope with them.
the teacher started off her lesson by saying 
"by the raise of hands, who feels like they are going through a trial right now"

slowly hands started popping up, and i sat there for a few seconds trying to think of a trial, so i could join the other hands. but i couldn't come up with even one. 
i almost felt guilty not having my hand up with the rest of the sisters in the room who did, but i had to immediately dismiss that thought because even though i am not suffering through trials right this second does not mean that i haven't had my fair share, and right now, maybe i am just being blessed with peace in life. 

this post is in no way shape or form to boast about the fact that i don't have any huge trials on my plate right now. there are certainly stressful things in my life, just like everyone else. 
but just to recognize the beauty in my life and how grateful i am for soooooooo many blessings.

i am a very blessed woman. 
i have an amazing husband who is my best friend and is always on my team. 
he understands me (most of the time), he accepts me for who i am and loves me. 

i am blessed to have the gospel in my life, and the reasurrence that I am never alone, and that my Savior is always by my side, he knows me and he loves me. he died for me and has felt every pain and sorrow that i have felt and will ever feel. 

i am blessed to have answers to my prayers and people around me that listen to the spirit and act on their feelings. 

i am blessed with a family, and the opportunity to create my own eternal family. 

we live in a beautiful world that was created just for us. 
i know that there are mannnnnny people suffering from trials and hardships, people in my own life, and people all over the world. these trials only make us stronger, and make us more aware of the beauty in our lives, once we can surface out of the trials that may consume us.

i say a small prayer in my heart for those who are suffering from trials, that they can have peace in their souls and see the true beauty of life, even in the darkest of times. 
and another small prayer of gratitude to my Heavenly Father who blesses us daily and opens our eyes to the wonders of life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment