Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Recipe: Chilis Salsa



This is another recipe that I got out of my “Americas Most Wanted Recipes” recipe book. This book has tons of restaurant recipes that are delish.
This is where I got the delish zuppa toscana recipe that I use regularly..
I always have a batch of this stuff made, sitting in the fridge. It’s so good on everything! Even mac and cheese! Yes, Brock and I eat this on our mac and cheese. It’s really good on enchiladas (which I will be posting our fav recipe of soon) It’s good for chips and salsa, and much more. YUMMM!
I usually just have it in a plastic juice pitcher. It’s easy to just pour on whatever, and they hold a lot, if you want to double the recipe! I usually do

{I have made my own notes in red}

Chili’s Salsa
4 tsp fresh or canned (not pickled) diced jalapeno pepper ( I can’t wait till we have our garden so we can use fresh ones! But for now I use the sliced one that come in a jar)
½ cup diced onion
One 14 oz can tomatoes and green chilis
One 14 oz can whole peeled tomatoes, with juice (I use diced peeled tomatoes with juice cause we have like 2 cases, same diff)
½ tsp garlic salt or to taste
½ teaspoon cumin or more to taste
¼ tsp sugar, or to taste

Directions:
Place the jalapeno and onion in a food processor ( or blender, if you don’t have a food processor. It works just as good); pulse for just a few seconds

Add both cans of tomatoes and the garlic salt, cumin, and sugar

Process all the ingredients until well blended, but do not puree. You want the salsa to be kinda chunky.

Serve immediately or refrigerate.


No comments:

Post a Comment