Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I need your input...Yes that means YOU!




I need your help.

Don't worry about my feelings, I can take it.

I made this sign for our bedroom.
Kinda like the little sayings people have in their house like..
"please excuse the mess, the kids are making memories"

It's supposed to be like that.
Buuut my brother in laws were over on Saturday and they said that it has a lot of innuendo.
Like, no time to make the bed, we are busy doing ottttthhher stuff. Get it?

That is NOT what this is supposed to suggest!
It is supposed to be cute and meaningful, saying we don't care if the bed isn't made, we would rather be making memories together. (not in the bed!)

I never would have thought that in a million years that it was suggestive, but of course the boys pointed that out and now I am self conscious about it! I don't want people thinking we don't make our bed cause we are too busy gettin busy! noooo!

So I need your opinions!! PLEASE
Do you think it is suggestive?
What do you initially think when reading/seeing it?



pleaseandthankyou


p.s. that's our headboard which I am in love with. I haven't really posted any pics of it yet. So here it is!

8 comments:

  1. First off - I love your headboard - I assume you guys made it? Love it.

    Second, I like the saying. Plus, I think in your bedroom you can put whatever you want. It's your own personal space and you can say whatever you want in there. Plus, even if those are the memories you are making, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that (in my opinion).

    Third, you are getting that opinion from boys and it's not surprising to anyone that they found a meaning like that in it. No offense to them or any boys, but that is a pretty easy topic to conjure up for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha its totally the first thing I thought when I saw it too. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it. Sure it has multiple meanings, but I am sure there are times when they are all applicable! And it's your bedroom in your house... Who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that's the first thing that came to my head too...but I still instantly liked it. Maybe its a married thing and not just a guy thing. Hehe If you don't want some people to think of it in a suggestive way then put it out in your living room or wherever. But honestly...you really don't need to worry about it. I say just do whatever you want and don't worry if people like me see innuendo in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not the first thing I thought of, but I can see how people would come to that conclusion. But I still really like the saying. I say leave it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I read your post first then read the saying then that's all I could think of only because you mentioned it so then that thought was in my head. So I asked Aaron when he got home and he didn't think that, which kind of surprised md because he usually thinks along those lines, but he didn't think anything odd about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it's the first thing I thought of and I loved it! You guys are newlyweds for Petes sake! Not having anyone else to get up for, staying in bed for long mornings on weekends, spending way more time just hanging out together (in bed or not!), those are our best memories from those early years. Keep it! :)
    P.s. Did you make the headboard? LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't even think of that when I read it! I'm on my way to Lowe's to copy your headboard and wall art regardless of how suggestive some may find it! That's what bedrooms are for! ;)

    ReplyDelete