Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

USA

I was listening to the radio today and breifly caught someone ( I don't even know who it was) talking about a trip to Isreal. He was talking about bombings and what not and said he met a man who put his three children on three different school buses to three different schools so that he wouldnt lose his whole family if something were to happen to one of the schools.

I can't imagine having to live with that kind of worry every day.

It just made me think of how lucky we are here. And how gratefull I am for our safety and freedom. I definitely take it for grantid. From the smallest things like being able to freely worship how and where I choose, every Sunday.

I am proud and lucky to be an American

There are many people today and throughout history (including some of my own family members) who have contributed to that, and where this country is today.
I am so grateful for brave people who are willing to fight for our country and fight for our freedom.


Thank you ALL.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh that story does drive it home doesn't it? We sure are blessed! I am grateful for my freedoms but I am also thankful to be reminded of just what that freedom does for me!

    ReplyDelete