Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Rumors Are True



It's your typical "we met in a singles ward" kind of story.
I've had lots of request for pics and the story so here it is.

The Engagement:

We went to dinner at Cucina Toscana


We then went back to my house and Brock wanted to take a walk.


Side Note: Brock had told me that the ring was being sized and wouldn't be ready till Saturday...


Before we got out of the car, he said I have a surprise for you. I got you a gift (as he handed me the keys to his car) he then told me to open the glove box and said there is something in there that you have been wanting a long time for.......my mind of course automatically thinks ring (cause we have been waiting for it for so long) but I knew that the ring was at the jeweler getting sized....or so I thought!




well I open the glove box to find this:






A thousand dollars in ones!


"WHAT? What is this?"


He then proceeded to tell me that is to pay off the rest of my student loans so I can be debt freeeee!! =)


How lucky am I?! I have the best fiance ever. EVER!!




So we went on our walk. The sun was starting to set, and he took me up to a park that we went to on our very first walk together. This park is up in the avenues and overlooks the capital, the Salt Lake Temple and Memory Grove. Its beautiful. As we started walking towards our bench, I saw some roses sitting on the bench. I said to Brock hmmmm whats this?! I think I said it like three times, each time with GROWING suspicion! As we got closer I saw the ring box sitting next to the roses.


I think the first that I said was ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!


I looked at him and he told me to open it.


So I did.


It was EMPTY!


What kind of game was this kid playing!?


I wish I could have seen the look on my face when I immediately looked up at him in confusion, wondering where the ring was!


As I looked over, he pulled the ring out of his pocket and dropped down to one knee.


"He then said, Ashlee Wray, will you marry me?!"


I of course said yes and hugged him, and I think I kept saying


ARE YOU SERIOUS?! FINALLY!!




It was perfect. The sun was setting, we were overlooking these amazing buildings. Brock told me that he wanted to spend forever with me and pointed to the temple and said and it will start there.


We hugged, and kissed, and hugged and kissed some more.


Then we headed back home to start making the calls =)


Our date is set for July 2nd.












Now that our secret is out, and people know that we are getting married, I will start updating you all about the wedding plans..

9 comments:

  1. Yay for getting engaged and yay for getting married! It is the best thing you will ever do!

    I love you to pieces and I am just so over the moon happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm so happy for you! Love the ring! It's do beautiful. Now we just need to see a picture of you two. We need to go out sometime before you two get married! Congrats again! He sounds like a nice guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Ashlee! Seriously is so cute! Love you both and I am so happy and excited for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ash! I am so ridiculously happy for you! I am so glad that you found someone that treats you right and makes you happy! YAY! Congrats and I love the ring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you! What a sweetheart he sounds like. How long have you been together? You must post pictures of the two of you :) The ring is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I love the ring! and the cash! haha. I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's fun to see the pics with the story! So excited for it all! :) Lots of love goes out to my Ash & Brock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this story :) and the ring is perfect. now on to more bigger and better things! (post engagement pics soon please)

    ReplyDelete