Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Logic vs. Emotion?


The more and more I evaluate myself, the more I realize how
much I look at situations/circumstances/people/arguments/views/relationships etc, using
emotion rather than logic.
I am feeling more and more like this is the harder
of the two.
I am a very passionate person. (Take that how you want)
I base many decisions/feelings on the immediate emotion that I feel,
before I start thinking "logically".
I am finding that this puts me in much more of a vulnerable state.
I almost wonder if taking the alternate route and thinking
logically before emotionally would make things a little easier.
But that's just not me.
Logic doesn't seem to be as much of a let down. It is what it is. Emotion is the opposite.
There is so much more involved when making decisions based on emotion.
And they are not always the right ones.
Of course.
Maybe what I need to do is find out how to achieve a
harmonious balance between the two?
Or Maybe I just accept who I am as an 'emotional person' and accept that fact that with emotion there is a bit more letdown.
(but also in my opinion, a bit more gratification)


1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting Ashlee - I've been thinking about the exact same thing. I am so emotionally driven and because of it, erroneous ideas and feelings creep in more easily and guide my behavior in harmful ways. But I think noticing that fact is the first step. I find myself taking a step back more often and evaluating if what I am feeling is real or contrived... I do think it's good to feel strongly about things (and people) though. Maybe it's just all about balance?!

    ReplyDelete