Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Sunday, February 14, 2010

..It's in the Air....


A few weeks ago, as my facebook status I posted the following: "I need a change!"
Boy did I get what I asked for......
Last weekend, in a matter of 24 hours, I decided to quit my job, got a new job, and got called to be the 2nd counselor of the Relief Society Presidency of my new ward (of a month and a half!) WOW I guess change is in the air!!
I am so optimistic about the opportunities that have presented themselves in my life recently! I have a lot going on, and a lot to look forward to. I decided to quit my job of 4 years. This was not an easy decision. I have grown to love some of the people that I work with and love what I do. Unfortunately with some changes that were made within the company, I was no longer happy there and I was not getting out of my job what I was putting into it. So the decision had to be made. I am SO so blessed because I had a job the day after I decided to quit. I realize how many people are struggling with getting work right now, which makes me that much more grateful for my new job and the fact that I even have a job. The Lord definitely has had a hand in these changes that I am going through. Which leads me to the next change, which is my new calling of second counselor in the R.S Presidency!! I have only been in the ward for just over a month, so you would think that this type of calling would have come to a surprise. But for some reason when they asked me if I would accept the calling, I was not really surprised. I think it is going to be a great fit for me and I am so excited about it. (also nervous!) It will be such a good way to get involved in my new ward, and a great way to serve. I was sustained and set apart today, so its official!
Tomorrow I start my last week at N.P.S. I will then take a week off, head to Cali and come back to start my new job in South Jordan on March 1st. Not to long after that, (8 days) I will turn 26!! : / Which is another changed I will have to get used to!! I think that one is going to be the scariest lol.
I would also like to make a shout out to my BFF. . . .Jill Jensen, who just got engaged and will be leaving me in the world of singlehood =) I LOVE you and am so so soooooooo Happy for you and Cameron!! He is one lucky fella ;)




3 comments:

  1. You're going to be so awesome in your new calling Ashlee! And congratulations on the new job! I had no idea any of this was going on! We need to hang out soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on you new job! What is it that you will be doing? You will do such a good job in your new calling, I have to say that calling would freak me out a little bit, but you will do awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have had a lot of changes! WOW! But they all seem to be for the better and that is always a good thing. I hope you just LOVE your new job and you will do GREAT in your new calling. Let's be friends again, ok?

    Thanks for the shout out and for being excited for me. Change really is in the air!

    ReplyDelete