Enter your email below to recieve blog post updates through your email for life: as we know it

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fun With the Girls!!!


Here are my most recent ventures, All with my wonderful girlfriends. First, thanks to my old friend Ian, I got 2 free tickets to the Fray Concert! Shannon was a great person to come along, because like me, she didn't know many of their songs! It was just something fun to go to on a nice summer night!


Next on the agenda was KIMMMMMM Yay! She was back in town from California and I was lucky enough to get to spend like 2 nights with her! I was very happy to have her back home for a short time! We of course went and had some dinner and some great girl talk. Kim is always so good to listen to me and where Im at in life cause she is in a similar place and can really relate to me and my thoughts and feelings on life and always has great insight =) Thanks Kim. Then Stacie met up with us and we went shopping and headed to the park for some more catch up and girl talk!



Two weekends ago, I recruted a new friend to the gal group! Shannelle has been a great addition!! I asked her to come along, to go on a stake single adult activity up at Pineview for the weekend. Well we didn't end up going, but came up with some fun of our own! We decided to head to Spaghetti Factory for some dinner. I just can't get enough of their Spaghetti with white clam sauce, so of course I got that. After dinner we headed to this Institute activity that a lady at my work told me about. We didn't know what to expect cause we didn't have many details on what the event was but we headed over with great and uncertain expectations! When we got there and there was a band playing. We decided to sit and "put out the vibes!" That wasn't working so well at first so we decided to move to a new location! We then started meeting people. The firs group of guys that we met wanted us to go iceblocking with them. After some small talk we decided that would be a fun summer night activity, however this particular night it was not so summery! It was freezing! So the plan was changed to a movie instead. So we told these guys to text us when they got to their destination and we would meet up with them once Shannon met up with us. Well on our way out to leave, we met another group of guys. Let me rephrase that, We met some HOTTT guys! That we actually close to our age! They were 30 and very goodlooking which is hard to come by! One of them was a recently graduated Orthadontist! The other just took the bar exam! HELLLOOO!!! We were intrigued to say the least. After some conversation, we all decided that we wanted to hang out with them and get to know them a little better =) They asked us what we were up to for the rest of the night and we told them we didnt really have any plans! So we ended up heading to Eaglewood to a party of a friend of Shanelle's. The boys followed! =) The end of the story isn't as exciting as I would like it to have been! Us girls weren't really feelin this party so we ended up leaving. The boys stayed =( Im hoping thats not the end of them so I will keep you posted on them =) We then went to Shannells' house for a recap of the night and a mini photo op! It was great to have Shannelle come hang out with us and she is so fun and alot like all of us girls! Its always great to find girls that you can get along with that share some of your common interests and views.


Which leads me to the most recent girl outing. This last weekend we headed to see the Improvables. I text Jill earlier in the week to come. It had been quite a while since I had seen Jill so I was so happy that she decided to come! The two of us met up earlier to do some shopping! We headed to TJ Maxx. A favorite of all of us girls! We then went and got some drinks, a quick bite for me, and then went and sat in the parking lot waiting for the show to start. We then got to have some Ashlee and Jill time! It was so much fun to laugh until we cried, well I think I was the one crying laughing so hard at what a dork I tend to be. Im so glad to have a friend like Jill that understands who I am. I know that I don't have to "impress" her and that I can say exactly what is on my mind and she seems to know exactly what I mean. It was some much needed one on one time with JILLY! Then stacie came and met up with us which was a fun surprise! We headed in and met Shannon and her little brother there. Of course some fun pics and then watched the show!

I have found that the older I get, the more I really cherish my friendships with the girls in my life. Its so important to me to have people in my life that share the same values and view that I do. They are in a simular place in life and it is so good to talk with them, listen to them and share such fun times with them. I am so glad that they except me for who I am. I have very few close friends, but the ones that I do have I truly Love each one of them for so many different reasons. From the new, to the old, they are all the greatest! Thanks Girls!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! Welcome to the blogging world! I feel like this is your coming out party or something.

    I am really glad we are friends. I always enjoy the time I get to spend with you and how I am just able to be me with you. You are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay thanks for being my first Friend on here and for my very first comment! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 days with Kim...none with me. rude.

    ReplyDelete